This course will introduce the concept of Greenhouse Gasses and Carbon Footprint management to business leaders, SHEQ managers, entrepreneurs and environmental practitioners who wish to better understand the concept of Carbon Footprint management and how to go about calculating your organizational Carbon Footprint. On completion of this course, participants will be able to understand the requirements set out for measuring your Carbon Footprint and be able to undertake a basic Greenhouse Gas Inventory (Carbon Footprint Audit)
Who Should Attend?
This course is suited to any business owner, manager, SHEQ practitioners, environmental managers and decision makers involved in environmental performance. This course is specifically designed for those that wish to have more practical skills about Carbon Footprint Management, Carbon Offsets and Calculating your Carbon Footprint.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand what a Carbon Footprint is and comprehend its role in the management of business.
- Understand the variety of Greenhouse gas sources and how they are measured
- Be able to work with the Greenhouse Gas Corporate Standard and able to:
- Decide which methodology to follow,
- Define organizational boundaries
- Effectively collect the required data
- Apply emissions factors
- Calculate CO2e for various emissions sources
- Undertake effective reporting
- Develop a plans for reducing Carbon Emissions.
The course will be hosted at the Wilderness Leadership School, 90 Coedmore Ave, Durban.
Course Date & Time
24 May 2017
Cost and Bookings
Cost: R2800.00 per person. Includes: Light lunch, coffees / teas, flash drive with tools, standards, emissions factors and related documentation
Course participants will need to have their own laptops with MS Excel / Open Office or / Mac Numbers installed and a basic understanding of using excel (or similar spreadsheet) software.
Download Course Flyer PDF below