Headed up by Duncan Pritchard, the ETC-Africa team collectively have over 30 years of experience in sustainability planning, carbon footprint management, ecotourism and tourism route development across South Africa and globally.
Our unique blend of corporate, community and NGO-level experience allows us a uniquely holistic view of things. Our emphasis is on practicalities and to ensure this, our team all have extensive practical experience working on the ground.
WE ARE PROUD TO SAY THAT WE ENJOY OFFERING ONGOING SUPPORT AND ASSISTANCE TO OUR CLIENTS POST-CONTRACT. WE DO NOT FLY IN, DO THE WORK, GET PAID AND DISAPPEAR. ONE OF OUR UNIQUE SELLING POINTS IS ALWAYS BEING AVAILABLE FOR VIDEO CALLS, AND EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE AND OFFERING ONGOING ADVICE AND SUPPORT WHEREVER POSSIBLE. WE ENJOY SEEING PROGRESS AND OUR WORK BEING IMPLEMENTED.
We have significant international experience, having worked throughout Sub-Saharan Africa and on projects as far afield as Mexico, Canada, Australia and the United States, with experience ranging from Multi-National corporations to SMME’s and local community groups.
Contact us HERE for any quotes or questions. We are always happy to get on a video call to discuss how we can help and offer any advice possible.
Carbon Footprint Management | Sustainability Planning | Ecotourism Planning
Duncan Pritchard has over 20 years' experience in environmental circles and is passionate about sustainable tourism, climate change and marine conservation. Key experience includes:
- Over 20 years experience in ecotourism
- Through our projects, established over 50 successful ecotourism and environmentally related businesses over the years, many of which he still mentors today.
- Voting member at the IUCN world conference in Barcelona
- Past member of the KZN Climate Change Council
- Ted X Speaker on marine conservation
- International project management experience in Canada, Australia, Mexico and across Africa
- Undertaken numerous carbon footprint audits and facilitated numerous carbon footprint training sessions.
- Finalist in the Smithsonian Institute Sustainable Tourism Awards
- Pioneering birding and niche tourism route models across Africa (as well as Australia, Canada and Mexico)
- 20 years direct experience working with a suite of NGO's in South Africa and internationally
Our Clients & Experience
ETC-Africa has global experience, including the USA, Australia, Canada, Mexico and across Sub-Saharan Africa. For testimonials and references, please contact us.
Some of our more recent clients (across a range of projects) include:
Our Approach & Philosophy
ETC-Africa is about positive action and high-quality action-orientated consulting. We aim to foster long term relationships with our clients and focus on ensuring we understand our clients’ needs and providing returns that will not only benefit our clients beyond expectations but also our planet and its people.
We DON’T produce long impractical documents and research reports! We DO ensure that we give you the tools, ideas and project concepts that can be implemented and make a real difference to your business, association and our planet! Sustainable development, protection of the environment and inclusive planning processes are all extremely topical issues in the current global socio-political environment.
We believe that a balance is possible, impacts can be mitigated and people can truly benefit from responsible corporate, social and environmental behavior. We believe that taking the right steps towards sustainable development in a responsible innovative manner, regardless of their size and scope will always result in downstream benefits for your business, your employees, your neighboring communities, the environment and ultimately, for future generations.
There is always a mutually beneficial “middle road” - providing there is a commitment, it can be done.